Wishlist Wednesday #1

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Wishlist Wednesday (hosted by Dani of Pen to Paper) is a book blog hop where we post about one book per week that has been on our wishlist for some time, or just added (it's entirely up to you), that we can't wait to get off the wishlist and onto our wonderful shelves.
A Lot Like Love by Julie James


As the daughter of a billionaire and the owner of the city's top wine store, Jordan Rhodes is invited to the most exclusive parties in Chicago. But there's only one party the FBI wants to crash: the charity fundraiser of a famous restaurateur, who also happens to launder money for the mob. In exchange for her brother's release from prison, Jordan is going to be there—with a date supplied by the Bureau.

Agent McCall just wants her...

As the top undercover agent in Chicago, Nick McCall has one rule: never get personal. This "date" with Jordan Rhodes is merely an assignment—one they're both determined to pull off even if they can't be together for five minutes before the sarcasm and sparks begin to fly. But when Nick's investigation is compromised, he and Jordan have no choice but to pretend they're a couple, and what starts out as a simple assignment begins to feel a lot like something more. - As seen on Goodreads


I may have mentioned before how much I love Julie James and I am just dying to read this next book in her FBI/U.S. Attorney series.  AND this is actually the first time I'm reading the full description and, look at that they have to PRETEND TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP!!  "He and Jordan have no choice but to pretend they're a couple." This is by far one of my favorite tropes in romance.  Give me ALL the fake relationship and then we fall in love stuff!

Julie's books are funny and sexy and so perfect - I can't wait to start on another.

This must jump to the top of my to-buy list because I need this right now. What wishlist item do you need right now?

3 comments

  1. I think this book isn´t my cup of tea, hope you get it soon.
    My WW: http://emsworldofbooks.blogspot.com/2014/04/wishlist-wednesday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I am a day late! I am was super sick yesterday. I like the sound of this book and it has a great cover. I hope you get it soon!
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2014/04/wishlist-wednesday-92.html

    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not something Id normally read but it does sound good. http://bookloverslife.blogspot.ie/2014/04/wishlist-wednesday-31st-march.html

    ReplyDelete