Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon | My "Draft" Stack

Thursday, April 24, 2014

It's almost time for my VERY FIRST Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon!  I've been in somewhat of a reading slump, as I have mentioned, so I'm hoping to make some progress this weekend. I wanted to take a picture of my real life stack, but frankly, I'm writing this at work - oops!  Here are the books I'm choosing from.
 I'm gonna try to finish Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
Finish (or just read some more of) How to Discipline Your Vampire by Mina Vaughn
The Elite by Kiera Cass (Extended note about this: I don't have this yet but will find a way to obtain for free because I am NOT paying, let me tell you. I think the $6.99 price tag on Kindle is too much. I have a LOT of feelings about the first book that stem mostly from frustration with America in relation to Aspen (fucking Aspen). So I was annoyed when I finished the first book and continue to be annoyed as I consider reading the second book.  I know I have to read it because I need to find out about Maxon and America.  Obviously.)
Dead Beat by Jim Butcher (I read Butcher during my last readathon and it went well)
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - v. excited for this!
(VERY SHORT) Summer Unplugged by Amy Sparling
The Unidentified Redhead by Alice Clayton 

So that's my tentative plan - who knows what will really happen.  What's your stack look like?  Link to your #readathon stack in the comments!

6 comments

  1. Yay for Fangirl!! I hope you love it.

    Great stack! I've heard Ransom Riggs books are awesome.

    I agree about the $6.99 for a Kindle book. :)

    bookjunkie54.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone seems excited about Fangirl, so that will probably be the first one I pick up tonight!

      There are SOME books/authors I'd be willing to pay that much for on Kindle, but this series just isn't one of them.

      Delete
  2. Good stack, Fangirl sounds like it's going to be a fast-paced read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I want to read The Elite, I refuse to pay for it either. My Kindle book hard limit is $3, but luckily my library has it!

    It looks like you have a nice varied list for the readathon! I only have three books (and an audio) on mine, since they're longer, but they're ones I'm really excited to get to!

    Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just moved, and my new library situation is a bit tricky. I'm trying to work out this open borrowing thing across my state.

      Yay Readathon!

      Delete